Thursday, July 17, 2008

Yummy and healthy dinner!

Last night we tried a new recipe off of Kalyn's Kitchen website (see link below).  I didn't have quite all of the ingredients, so modified it a bit.  It was delicious!  So, for all of you who are wanting to eat healthy, or my fellow South Beach dieters, I recommend this recipe to try!  It is now one of our favorites and we WILL be making it again.

Grilled Lime and Chipotle Pork Chops
(makes 8 servings)
Recipe adapted from Kalyn's Kitchen

8 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick  (can pound to make them the correct thickness)
Marinade:
1/2 cup mayo (I used light)
1/4 cup lime juice
1 Tbsp dried cilantro
1 Tbsp minced garlic (I used the pre-chopped garlic)
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp ground Chipotle pepper (I used crushed red pepper)
1 tsp. ground cumin (I forgot to add this!)

Trim fat from pork chops.  Arrange pork chops in a large ziploc bag.  Pour in marinade.  Marinate 6 hours or longer.  To cook, spray grill with olive oil spray, preheat to medium high.  Grill pork chops about 8 minutes per side.  Use your instant read thermometer to make sure it is done (but don't let it overcook or they will dry out).  Very tasty!  Serve with salad and veggie.   A nice healthy dinner...  enjoy!

No comments: