Monday, May 25, 2009

3 Week Countdown (till VACATION IN PARADISE)

In honor of our 3 week mark till we leave on a jet plane for a sunny, tropical paradise, I thought it was time to post a tropical drink recipe! Here is one of my FAVORITES... it is called THE BUSHWACKER. (YUM! It actually tastes much like a chocolate shake - for the life of me I have no idea why.)

In googling BUSHWACKER RECIPES, I actually found a great number of them - all a bit different, with different ingredients. There was even a video of how to make a proper Bushwacker. The recipe below comes from the British Virgin Islands (and again, everyone makes their own version). This is one we have tried, and can attest to... although I'm betting the other recipes are wonderful too!

BUSHWACKER
(Recipe comes from Anegada, B.V.I.)
Source: BVIPirate

1 part Amaretto
1 part Bailey's
1 part Kahlua
1 part vodka
1 part white rum
1/2 part Coco Lopez
Ice
Freshly grated nutmeg

Fill blender 1/2 to 3/4 full of ice. Add liquids and blend until smooth. Pour into glass and grate fresh nutmeg on the top. Consistency is much like a milk shake! Be sure to serve in a disposable plastic cup, complete with umbrella - ISLAND STYLE.

No comments: