Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Grilled Spicy Tuna - a hint of sunshine means time for a BBQ!


Well, about half way through our day, when the fog cleared, the sun made a guest appearance. Although it was relatively brief, at least the rain stayed away! I decided it was time for a BBQ... I found this wonderful recipe from my very favorite website - Kalyn's Kitchen.

Grilled Tuna Steaks (one per person)
Marinade:
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp garlic (I used much more!)
1 tsp fish rub or seafood seasoning
1 tsp hot pepper flakes (I used more of this too)

Mix marinade ingredients. Put tuna into zip loc bag, marinate for 1-3 hours - no longer! Oil grill with olive oil. Preheat grill to high. Drain marinade and grill fish. We like ours medium rare, so grilled 4 minutes per side. It was perfect!

The taste was moist, and spicy. I highly recommend it! We had a simple salad, and some cheesy zucchini with it. Very yummy dinner (and healthy too).  Thanks Kalyn!


No comments: