Saturday, July 19, 2008

Bahamas... here we come!


So, if I am going to the Bahamas, I guess it is time I learn something about it!  The main tourism website for the area brags that they have the "clearest water in the world", so I am anxious to test their claim (with my limited knowledge of the world's waters...).  Could it be clearer than the water in the British Virgin Islands or the Tobago Cays?  I am anxious to check this claim out for myself!

After learning a bit about the Bahamas, here is a fun little quiz to test your knowledge!  Do the quiz first, then scroll down to the next post to check your answers and "grade" your test.  (Sounds like a teacher doesn't it?)  Good luck!

1.  The Bahamas are made up of 500 islands.  True or False
2.  The Bahamas have the fifth longest barrier reef.  True or False
3.  75% of the world's coral is found in the Bahamas.  True or False
4.  The Bahamas were "THE" place to go during prohibition.  True or False
5.  Pirates frequented the Bahamas in the early 1700's.  True or False
6.  The Bahamas are under French rule.  True or False
7.  If you are an American, you must have a passport to visit the Bahamas.  True or False
8.  May through October constitutes the rainy season in the Bahamas.  True or False
9.  The legal tender is the Eastern Caribbean Dollar.  True or False
10.  U.S. dollars are accepted throughout the islands.  True or False.

So, take your test, and scroll down to grade it.  Have fun!  I know I would not have done well before learning about the Bahamas.  Good luck...

Oh, do you want to do some peaking before you answer the questions?  Click on the word BAHAMAS to find some information...

No comments: