Sunday, February 22, 2009

Off to California!



Well, I'm gearing up for a week long trip to northern California. I leave Wednesday morning for San Francisco to attend a yearly summit put on by a company called CORE. I will be in Burlingame (near the airport) for the first part of this trip. Some well known reading researchers are going to lead sessions, so I'm looking forward to hearing them!

Part two of the trip is spending the weekend in city itself - near Fisherman's Wharf. I'm hoping to get in touch with a friend who lives in the area and be able to see her! It truly has been years since we have been able to see each other.

Then, finally part three of the trip will be in Sonoma. I was lucky enough last year to be part of an intensive reading training. It was the best training I've ever experienced! (four trips; 12 days of intensive training - and it "WAS" intensive) I will be involved in a follow-up session focusing on grades 4-6 this year with the same trainer.

I'm hoping for warmth and sunshine, but in looking at the weather report it will most likely be chilly and possibly rainy as well. Oh well, it will be warmer than here in Alaska! Now to figure out what to bring...

No comments: