Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring is here...


Well, today on our first official full day of spring we actually have SUNSHINE! What a beautiful day. Now, if only the snow would melt (all of it) by tonight. (ha) I'm very ready for spring, and have spent the morning watching QVC looking at patio furniture, plants, and fountains! Can you tell I'm ready for nice weather?

Here is what I'm debating currently...

I want a dwarf kishu mandarin tree! It can be grown here outside in the summer, and then brought inside as a potted plant before the first frost. I had it in my shopping cart as I was thinking it over, and now it is sold out! I guess my decision has been made for me.

OK, now that I can't have the dwarf mandarin tree, I'm thinking about plumeria to grow indoors as a houseplant. If I can't have Hawaii or the Caribbean all the time, I could at least have it in the living room! Just going in and taking in the scent would be enough to transport one to paradise...

2 comments:

Janet said...

Please let me know if plumeria can grow indoors here....I can smell as I close my eyes and am transported to tropical paradise....

Patty said...

I kind of gave up on the idea - as it doesn't sound like it is an easy task to be sure. And, as someone pointed out to me - it is a tree! So, even if it grew - what would I do with it when it got large???

So, one idea I've decided is too much trouble and probably not wise... :)