Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Stand Up Paddle Surfing


Since it is winter, cold, icy and snowy here in Juneau, I thought I would blog about a warmer place (and a warm activity). I had never heard of Stand Up Paddle Surfing before our trip to Hawaii. If you are not familiar with the sport, it entails standing on a very long board and propelling yourself with a paddle. It is quite popular now, and a great way to work your CORE! I can see why...

I guess the learning curve is a steep one. I know it would be for me! While we were on the beach, we noticed two very pale paddle surfers and one very tan surfer on a paddle board. I imagine the two were taking lessons (from the tan one). They were definitely having difficulties! You can see them in the picture - one is standing, the other is kneeling and the instructor is shouting directions. Looked like a lot of work! (but fun...)

Check out the VIDEO as well - this person is not a beginner to be sure!

No comments: